Tuesday, February 14, 2012

First batch of parts on the way.

Just placed a couple of parts orders today. First order was through Jeg's, which amounted to some gaskets, spark plugs, cap/rotor, Edelbrock Super Victor intake, and a tonneau cover for our Ram 1500.

The second order, the one I'm a bit more excited about, was through Glenn's Performance. I ordered up a 1969 Camaro gas tank. The tank will bolt into the stock location, but has internal baffles, sump, and AN fittings already welded to the sump. The tank looks like a thing of beauty on their website, and I'm really anxious to get it. I will be sure to take plenty of pictures when I receive it, and expect a full blown review of the tank's fit and finish.

Next up will be my fuel system. I've decided, at the last minute, that I'm going to go with an electrical pump by Aeromotive. In addition, a before and after filter, regulator, and a Holley Dominator to top things off. I will likely hold off a few weeks on the second order...or at least until I soak in the Detroit Autorama, upon which time I'll probably come running home and place my order. Stay tuned, as I'm going to have to dig in neck deep here soon in order to have my ride ready for the road by May/June 2012.

No comments: