Thursday, September 29, 2011

Bench Racing and Project Planning

While I haven't been posting as often as I was when I was hitting the shows this past summer, I have been doing plenty of bench racing/planning in the mean time. While I have plenty on my list for my Camaro, the focus has primarily been on my dad's Challenger. Within a few months, we will begin ordering up parts. Thankfully, I recently joined the forum on Bangshift.com, and it led to a few last minute changes which were actually pretty drastic.

Most significantly, we have decided to go with the Hotchkis front suspension system. More than a few Mopar faithful chimed in, criticizing the independent front suspension I had planned on installing in the car. Though initially skeptical, a few others shared their concerns, and I am now convinced, and am going the route of a modified factory designed front suspension. I am going to add 2 inch drop spindles however, in order to get the ride height we need.

While still a few months out, by the first of the year, parts should be arriving with regularity to my dad's house. While somewhat difficult considering my work schedule, I will attempt to make it down to their house as often as possible, in an effort to keep this project rolling once it's started. Stay tuned, as I'll be following this restoration closely, and will have my dad email me updates when I'm unable to follow them first hand.

No comments: