Friday, August 05, 2011

Sears Allen Park Cruise Night

Took a cruise on down to the Sears in Allen Park. 10 years ago, this was THE show on Friday nights. I'm glad to see it's still going strong, though it seemed noticably smaller than I remember, with about 150-200 cars. Still, it's a nice cruise, and close by.



008


My ride. Seemed to be running a little warm after about 20 mintues on the freeway. I think I need to bleed the air out of the cooling system.


004


Sweet Mopar.

005


Another classic Mopar.


013


A very nice Chevelle, but I would have liked a little more chrome as opposed to painted trim/bumpers.


017


Remember the scene from Anchor Man where Baxter gets booted off the bridge? That's what I'd love to do with each and every one of these dolls I come across at car shows and cruise nights.


030


Classic race car look.

038


A Chrysler 300, very nice!

041


Classic Cadillac. This is what I'd love to road trip across the country in.


044


Niced Vette.


045


Deep Green 69 Camaro with a 502 Big Block.


048


Nice street rod.


051


The white walls just don't look right on this beauty.


055


Classic Ford.


065


Not really a Rat Rod, though not really a Street Rod either. I would call this 100% Hot Rod to the core.


068


We'll finish off with another Mopar, this one with a blower motor and making plenty of noise.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I spent almost every Friday showing my cars at Sears. We in the Metro-Detroit area are proud of our cars. First of all, always would dust the cars then to finish off their appearnce, we always clean and Armnor-All the tires. Here, in Kissimmee Florida, they don't even give any of their classibc cars a dusting and their tires are left as they were - always dirty.