Friday, April 29, 2011

The Metal Man - Fournier Enterprises

Ron Fournier - Photo by Bill McGuire of Hot Rod


Ever since my freshman year at CMU, when I took metal shop, I've wanted to learn more about custom fabrication using metal. I'll admit, I've forgot more than I remember, as it's been 16 yrs since I had that class, nearly half a lifetime ago. Still, I wanted to learn how to form metal, using such tools as metal brakes, English wheels, bead rollers, pipe benders, etc. The April issue of Hot Rod had just the article, or more specifically, the type of shop, I've been looking for. Low and behold, this metal working genius is located in Metro Detroit, just 30 minutes away in Shelby Twp, MI. Fournier Enterprises was launched in 1991, and continues to be a specialized fabrication shop today, while expanding into a shop that offers multiple classes on metal working, in hopes to keep this specialized trade alive.

The price is a bit costly, at $1,000 for a 3 day class, but I'm confident that with class sizes limited to 6 students, the amount of skills you will learn in those 3 days are second to none. In addition, the classes seem to be in high demand, considering there is only one class opening left in October of this year. I'm planning on taking this course in 2012, and by the looks of it, I better sign up early!

Ron Fournier: Metal Fabricator - Metal Man

Fournier Enterprises - 13326 West Star Dr. Shelby Twp, MI 48315
1-800-501-3722 or 586-323-9160

No comments: