Monday, April 11, 2011

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302: Laguna Seca Road Test

The other day I picked up the latest issue of Motor Trend, a magazine that is somewhat out of my element, though occasionally draws me in with their modern muscle car reviews. On this particular day, it was the Boss 302 and Camaro ZL1. After a quick read, I was most impressed with the Boss 302. It seems that Ford really did their homework and built a damn good handling car that is powerful, quick, and nimble.

While I'm sure Chevy and Dodge are paying attention, and a Camaro Z28, and possibly Challenger T/A are in the future, I doubt that either one will be able to measure up. Chevy, at 3,900 lbs, and Dodge, at 4,100 lbs, can through more power and stiffer handling into their cars, but in the end, the Mustang is still going to be 300-500 lbs lighter, and ultimately, still likely to be the best handling car of the pack. While this particular article is from Road and Track, their assessment is the same.



2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca - Road Test

No comments: