Monday, February 07, 2011

We are certainly no one's Emerald City

Watching yesterday's Super Bowl, I was very skeptical when I had heard prior that Eminem was going to be pushing the new Chrysler 200, the Sebring replacement. In my mind, I couldn't envision how such a ploy could be anything but a disaster. Once the commercial aired, it stopped me in my tracks. I quieted my guests, hit rewind on the dvr, and watched in utter amazement. Never before has a commercial captured the essence of Detroit, told our story in under 2 minutes, and underneath all of that, successfully advertised a new car looking to help rejuvinate a company. This commercial was a slam dunk, among the best ever made. Not just because I have perhaps a biased view living in Detroit, as this blue collar-hardened steel-American Made concept stretches far beyond the reaches of Detroit. It speaks volumes, that WE CAN still make things here, WE CAN set the standard.

No comments: