Sunday, December 05, 2010

Vinsetta Garage closes up shop

Sadly, one of the coolest vintage automotive shops I know of is closing up shop. While I'll admit, I never stopped into Vinsetta Garage, nor did I know much about it's history until reading about it's closing in the paper, I had a pretty good understanding of what type of place it was.

Driving by while cruising up Woodward, this shop stood out amongst all other businesses. This shop transported one to an era long before I was ever born. Little did I realize, that history dates back to 1919! Not once did I pass by and not see numerous vintage steel parked out front and in their storage lot, awaiting repair, tune-up, and even complete restoration.

Perhaps partially victim of the economy, the owner stated they have recently been doing more work on new cars than old. The loss of the owner's wife also seems to have played a major part in his decision to change his path in life.

Decorated with neon signs, vintage (likely original) gas pumps, and old world charm, cruising Woodward will lose a little bit of it's charm without the Vinsetta Garage. R.I.P. Vinsetta.

Historic Vinsetta Garage Closes

Vinsetta Garage

No comments: