Saturday, September 13, 2014

Time to assess the damage

Ok, I think it's getting to be about that time.  After realizing one of my lifters had failed, it pretty much took the wind out of my sails this season.  I still made Woodward the next day, and was still motivated to get the family out to Hines Drive.  A family virus running through the family kept us from Frankenmuth's Autofest, and then just like that, BAM! Fall was here, temps had dropped into the low 60's for day time highs, and cruise season was over.


The car as sat, without much attention other than sitting inside it with my 1 year old yesterday.  That is about to change.  The other day, a local repair shop owner had his ride out front of his business.  Not just any ride, but a 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury, with a 498 ci big block mopar, huge tubs out back, and everything needed to run low 9's.  It made me a bit jealous, as he prepped his car for Milan this Sunday.  It was also that little nudge I needed to get my shit together, and at least start getting things ready to begin this winter engine rebuild.  I'm hoping that next week I can start wrenching on it, and perhaps at least get the intake off and see just what kind of damage we are looking at.

No comments: