Monday, July 07, 2014

Camaro Update: 7-7-2014

I just finished picking up the last of the parts needed to get my Camaro ready for the track, hopefully hitting Norwalk Raceway Park on 7/25/2014.  After a front end alignment and new tie rods a week ago, I picked up a new set of front tires today, rated up to 168 mph.  The old tires were shot, and to be honest, I believe they were responsible for the front end vibration.  In addition to new tires, I also picked up a Bell helmet, ordered a fire jacket, and stopped by Detroit Performance Center for a new shifter cable.  I also grabbed a book on nitrous systems while I was there, as at some point, my nitrous kit will find its way onto something I own.  I still have a few items to finish on the car, but I now have all the parts I need, and with a little tuning, the car should easily be ready for the track come July 25th!

No comments: