Friday, September 06, 2013

"I hope I tightened the lugnuts."


Today, I was helping a buddy out.  A buddy in which had a string of bad luck, and to make a long story short, needed help getting his 1978 Ford truck to a shop in order to have a breathalyzer machine installed.  His shop hand couldn't drive a stick.  Since I could, I was nominate to drive it to the shop for him.  As we pulled out of the shop, he commented "I hope I tightened the lugnuts." Then, "Yeah, I'm pretty sure I tightened them."  A few miles up the road would prove otherwise.

I was actually shocked how quickly the lugnuts began flying off, and the wheel came off the hub.  Lucky for my buddy (and me) I didn't panic, slowly brought the truck to a stop, and immediately hit the hazards.  The shop hand that can't drive a stick made our location with extra lugs and jack.  Before long, we were back on our way...all lugs tight.

I told my friend that I was just telling another friend, those Roadkill episodes crack me up, as it seems they can't make a trip without some sort of incapacitating breakdown leaving them stranded at the side of the road.  Today, I got a taste of my own Roadkill.  It all turned out fine, but it's another story for our resume.




No comments: