Friday, September 06, 2013

1968 Firebird Update - September 6, 2013


While nothing much new to report on, I still figured I'd post some new pics of our car.  Scott recently moved the car into his shop, where we hope to really dig into it in the coming months.  Most recently, Scott added a new set of freshly restored wheels.  While they may not be the wheels that make it on the car, they are damn nice!  The fronts our 14x6's, with the rears being 15x8.5's.  The tires on the rear are different sizes, those the appearance difference.  Scott also laid out some tape lines, where he hopes to add graphics soon.  Though we are about to tear her down to nothing, these photos help you get an idea of what I had envisioned when I first saw the car.  I could see the potential, and even with very minimal work, she's starting to look like a race car already!


 Missing some parts, and a little rough around the edges, but purebred race car just the same.



Is it just me, or does the car look like it's launching hard off the line just standing still? 



Should we leave the body as is?  Or at least put it in primer?  The surface rust, dated primer, and even bondo, show this cars battle wounds from over the years...and to be honest, part of me says leave it alone. 




Pictures don't even do these wheels justice! 



I personally like the white lettering, as it gives the car more of a nostalgic look in my opinion.

No comments: