Sunday, February 17, 2013

The 2014 SS is Chevrolet’s first rear-wheel-drive performance sedan in 17 years and the GM division’s racing car entry in the 2013 NASCAR Sprint Cup series.




The 2014 Chevrolet SS has officially been revealed. While I am glad Chevy once again has a V8 powered rear wheel drive sedan, sadly, I just don't feel it lives up to what the Pontiac G8 left behind.  Even while the car is essentially the same car as the G8, with minimal restyling, I just feel it misses the mark.  It has what is becoming the Chevy Corporate front facia, and does little to separate itself from the other non-performance offerings.  It just lacks the muscular/aggressive look in which I was hoping for, much the way the late model GTO came across as rather bland.  Performance-wise, I'm sure the car will hit the mark.  That said, it does little to get my blood pumping. This is one of the RARE occasions where I actually like the Nascar version better than the production version.

No comments: