Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

As 2011 passes us by, and 2012 is about to kick off, I look back on what a great year it was. For the first time in nearly a decade, my Camaro was on the road for practically a full cruise season. Aside from a few cruises I attended w/o my car due to mechanical problems, I was able to hop in my car and go. In addition, our daughter was exposed to her first taste of car shows, with many more in her future!

For 2012, I hope to resolve a few nagging car issues before the season kicks off. I look forward to a cruise season even better than the last. I hope to have a new intake and carb in place within a few months, and hopefully custom headers and rebuilt transmission as well. If I can mark those items off the list, I think I can start to concentrate on a few of the more minor, creature comforts.

2011 also proved to be my most productive year for blogging. I also added my first personal videos to my blog, and look ahead to many more in 2012. In addition to my own personal projects, perhaps the greatest news is the re-start of my dad's 1970 Challenger. After an initial purchase of a couple thousand in parts, another last minute purchase got all the emblems and a new deck lid, seemingly the only body part that needs replaced. I look forward to watching the Challenger come together, and will be sure to document as much of the project as I can to share. While it's highly doubtful that it will come alive in 2012, we hope to be on the road by 2013 by the start of the cruise season...perhaps even shooting for the 2013 Detroit Autorama!

Stay tuned, as 2012 should prove to be an exciting year!

No comments: