Friday, November 11, 2011

You can't start a fire without a spark.

I made it out to the garage today and finally removed my full MSD ignition from my Camaro. It was quicker than I thought, as for whatever reason, I thought I had used the starter terminal as my power source for my MSD 6AL. I had forgot that this past summer I moved the power source to the back of my alternator. Now all that is left is to write a quick letter, box it up, and ship it out to MSD for bench testing. In the mean time, I may very well start removing the wiring harness, in preparation of installing my new harness.



Untouched engine bay.






MSD 6AL, Pro Billet Distributor, and Blaster 2 Coil.





Air cleaner removed.




MSD 6AL, Blaster 2 Coil, and Distributor removed.





Ready to ship out!




Here is my new EZ Wiring kit, ready for installation. I start my vacation in about a week or so, and I figure I may as well use that time to knock out a large part of the rewiring. If I don't start now, spring will be upon us before I know it, and once again it'll be a mad rush to finish it up. I wanna be ready for the Hot Rod Power Tour, even if it only means the first leg out to Muskegon.

No comments: