Thursday, November 17, 2011

Super Chevy clock turns into a Made in China ratchet kit



This is what arrived in the mail the other day. I had subscribed to Super Chevy magazine recently, after years of picking up enough issues per year to justify the subscription. With my subscription, I was to receive a Super Chevy wall clock. Since I don't have a wall clock in the garage, I figured it to be a good deal. I'm sure the clock would have been cheap, as well as Made in China, but such is the case for most any clock these days I'm sure.


Instead of my clock, to my disappointment, this ratchet set arrived. A Made in China clock is one thing, but tools? Any self proclaimed gearhead buys tools Made in the USA. This is the type of junk I would see for sale at Big Lots, or Harbor Freight, and the type of tools I would steer clear of. It should also be noted, there is just something that feels VERY un-American about subscribing to a Chevy magazine, then receiving tools Made in China to show their appreciation. I'd rather they just gave me an extra issue or two and kept their junk.

No comments: