Wednesday, May 26, 2010

AFR's have arrived!

After patiently waiting for about 6 weeks, my AFR heads have finally arrived! I went with the 315 cc fully CNC'd heads. Flowing 387 cfm on the intakes, 315 cfm on the exhaust, these heads are the secret to making the serious horsepower I am shooting for. Though extremely costly, at $2,600 bare, you get what you pay for when it comes to cylinder heads. In my opinion, AFR's are about the best head money can buy.

I hope to get them to the shop within the week, and hopefully will have a complete engine in a few weeks, in time for my vacation to begin and serious work on the car to start taking place. I'll try and get a few pictures before taking the heads in, though not sure if I want to fully unpack them, in order to ensure they stay safe and nick free before going to the shop. Curiousity will likely get the better of me though, and I'll likely unbolt them from the backing board they are mounted to for further inspection/pictures.

No comments: