Monday, June 18, 2012

2012 Gratiot Cruise Coverage - Eastpointe

073


This past Saturday I attended the 2012 Gratiot Cruise - Eastpointe.  I've attended this show probably 5+ years now, though have yet to make it with my Camaro.  I'm usually a few weeks from the car being ready, and the Downriver Cruise is often it's first cruise of the season for it.  Just the same, I still attend the Gratiot Cruise and take plenty of pictures.  This year seemed a little lighter than usual, but I also only had time to stay until 2 pm, and things seemed to be getting busier as the day went on.  That said, I've attended the show enough times now that the cars seem to be getting a bit repetitive.  I recognize not only the same cars I've seen in the past, but can even recall where they were parked the previous year.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, next year I'm going to try and attend Motor Muster at Greenfield Village instead...and convince the in-laws to do the same.  If I can adjust my winter schedule a bit, I'd like to start making these May/June shows with my car next year, instead of not being ready until late June or early July.  For now, enjoy the pictures from this year's Gratiot Cruise, as there were still plenty of awesome rides.

007


016
 Arguably the nicest AMX, or even AMC product, I've ever seen.


022
Dare to be different!  Very nice job on an otherwise forgotten era of Cadillac.


034
A more classic boat.


035
You don't see many of these, especially considering this is a 1983, well before you could order a 3rd Gen without a top.  While it looks ok from a distance, a closer inspection leaves much to be desired in regards to craftsmanship.

041
 Nice Ford.


055
 Starting to see more of these old birds, and camaros too.


063
A different type of bird.


074
 Everything looks good in black!

092
 Couldn't do this out in Cali.


104
 Nice.

115
File this under different.  Can't say I like the side exhaust, but other than that, they took an otherwise hideous car and made it....well, we will call it acceptable.




127
Don't seem to be a lot of Fieros left, and this one had a supercharged 3800 for motivation.




135
Freighberger says it's a face so ugly you have to love it.  Me, I've always loved it.





149
One of the nicest streetrods I saw.



166
All patina'd out!


201
They were bland, didn't sell well, but are destined to be classics.


More Photos From 2012 Gratiot Cruise - Eastpointe

No comments: