Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2013 Lincoln MKZ Concept

I keep hearing about the reinvention of the Lincoln brand. While I think the MKZ looks sharp from what I've seen so far, I tend to disagree with Ford that they are going to be competitive in the luxury car market. The reason why is simply: Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Chrysler, all rear wheel drive, and built upon their own platforms.

Ford is once again starting with the Ford Fusion (which also looks to be a sharp car) and turning it into a "luxury" car. Also, the rest of the competition has long since realized what Europe has known for years, a true luxury car that lives up to an owners expectations starts with being rear wheel drive. While Ford has done many things right during these past few years to come out on top in many ways, this re-invention of Lincoln is off to a bad start in my opinion.

2013 Lincoln MKZ Concept

No comments: