Friday, March 19, 2010

Engine Update: Cylinder Heads

Called and talked to the shop today, sent them another check. I also found a website for my AFR heads for a good deal. I have decided to go with the bare heads and outfit them with my parts of choice. For one, I'd like to reuse my titanium retainers to help save some weight. Secondly, I'd prefer springs more adapted to the cam I'm running, not some spring that is more generic, good to .750 lift. I'll probably stick with Ferrea valves, as they make a damn nice valve in my opinion.

My steering system sits on the shelf at my buddies house, waiting to be picked up. Once my scuba equipment is ready for pickup, I'll stop by his place around the corner and get the steering out of the way. Aside from some minor odds and ends, the only large purchase that will be left is the brake system. Though hardly an afterthought, as you gotta be able to stop, they will likely be one of the last major purchases before the car sees the road. As it stands, I'm still looking at bringing the car up in June, working on/installing everything I can, and then hopefully have the brake system by July some time. Just in time for the cruise season which will be in full swing by July.

No comments: