Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Engine is at the Shop

This last Friday I dropped off my engine at Tico Race Engines. We went over my plan, most of which I had already bought parts for. All that is left are the pistons, machine work, and a few odds and ends. I chose to hold off on the heads for a few months and instead get the shortblock ready to go. This way, if any unforeseen problems arise, I can knock them out before investing some serious coinage in the heads.

Tim at Tico said I should be right on par for between 650-700 hp, and will be plenty stout for an additional shot of up to 250 hp on the laughing gas. I ended up sticking with the same compression I had prior, a pump gas safe 10.5-1. Upon getting the engine done, it really comes down to putting the car together. I've had most of the parts since I originally built the car. I'm guessing the car will see the road around July or so. Let's home these plans pan out better than past years.

No comments: