Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Craig's List Car Deals of the Day

Last night, while lying in bad unable to sleep thanks to my late night Mountain Dew kick, I began surfing on my Blackberry. Soon, I found myself on Craigslist for Detroit, searching through the interesting cars.

Though there are a lot of "ho-hum" rides on there, a few really caught my attention. From time to time, I will try and sift through the garbage and post a few of the better deals. Here are just a few that really caught my eye.

Proof that cool old cars can still be had for a good price, and that thinking outside the box can score you a cheap ride that turns heads. Here is a 1948 Chevy Fleetside for $3,500.

How about a 1963 4 door Falcon for $1,400 obo? Sure, it's a 4 door, but if it's solid, it would make one cool ass daily driver/beater, or perhaps even build it as a cheap drag car.

Here is a very clean looking 1989 Mustang 5.0 for $2,700 obo

I'm sure this one needs some work, but as long as it's fairly solid and complete, seems like a good project starter, 1988 Pontiac Trans Am $1,400

Another classic for relatively cheap, 1969 Mustang for $6,500

Great deal on a basketcase, a 1965 Plymouth Fury.

These cars were all for today's listing, and all on the Detroit portion of Craig's List. I must admit, I never really took Craig's list that seriously when it came to classic/project cars, but now I'm a believer. Looks like you can get some killer deals on the cars you want. I'll try to stroll through Craig's from time to time and relay what I find. Perhaps next time I'll expand my search nationwide for specific models.

No comments: