Tuesday, August 25, 2009

2009 Woodward Dream Cruise

Another Woodward Dream Cruise has come and gone. Sorry for the delay in regards to posting the pictures and a quick review, but life has been busy with an upcoming wedding in addition to a never ending list of house projects.

This year's cruise was a change for the better in my opinion. Year after year, corporate involvement seemed to grow, and with that growth came more spots consumed by the corporations. Displays, stages, and vip area's for those with connections. Prime spots at the cruise have cost $100 or more for many years, but the spots available have also been slowly disappearing by corporations and others who wanna cash in on the cruise. This year, with the dismal economy and dying automotive corporations, it was a bit more back to the roots. There was more of a concentration on the car, and the corporations were nearly transparent.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the cruise date off this year, but that didn't stop me from getting up and hitting Woodward for a solid 5 hours during the morning/early afternoon before I had to head in for work. Every year I've been, not once has the Dream Cruise disappointed. It is an automotive animal that has outgrown even the biggest gearhead's expectations. It's Disneyland for the car guys/gals. Enough on my thoughts though, I'll let the pictures do the talking this year.










These airbrushed flame jobs still blow my mind!



Sweet Anglia.






























Rear window of a Pontiac GTO....RIP Pontiac.





Even the exotics make it out.

Yes, those are steel tracks. This guy was breaking who knows how many laws. I'm sure there is an ordinance against steel tracks on a vehicle somewhere.







This guy whittled his car outta wood.


These cars always remind me of the scene in Top Gun when the crazy/obsessive chic is stalking Maverick.


Yes, those are electronic boards. Yes, the owner is a dork.










This was like $3,000. I'd TOTALLY drive one of these, thought the 318 would have to make way for a Hemi.

































Click below for more pictures!

2009 Woodward Dream Cruise

2 comments:

Supersport said...

I don't know why in the hell blogger chops off my pictures, but if you click on the picture or go to the link at the bottom, you will see the full pictures that were taken.

Anonymous said...

Nice pics! tkx Lowell