Friday, March 27, 2009

Hidee-Ho Neighbor

Today while out walking the dogs I met the new neighbor. Ok, so maybe the guy lives like 8-10 blocks up, but he's still in the neighborhood. He had a hoody on that read "Camaro" across the front. Almost immediately after introducing myself I inquired "You got a Camaro?" Truth be told, by tomorrow I'll likely have forgot his name, but not the fact that he has a 1990 Iroc Camaro with around $100,000 invested. Sound like a lot? You'd be surprised how quickly it all adds up. By the time my Camaro gets back on the road, since purchase, I'll probably have a good $50,000 invested.

Any way, we talked cars for a bit, and garages soon follow. He intends to build a garage, and I suggested insuring it's high enough to have a car lift. Seems a car lift was already on his mind. Yeah, I think we're gonna get along just fine neighbor!

While out galavanting today, shootin' guns and taking guns to get serviced, I stopped into Les Stanford, the Corvette King. I wasn't interested in a Vette, I wanted to know when the new Camaros will be arriving, and just how much the monthly payments are gonna be. The dealer expects them to arrive in the next week or two. With my other half now leaning towards buying her truck, when her lease is up, perhaps that will allow for a new Camaro sooner than expected. I like a good number of new cars out there, though nothing has ever drawn me to the point that I'd be willing to pony up the cash to buy a new car.

For me, the new Camaro gets my blood a pumpin', raises the hairs on the back of my neck, it captivates me the way a car is suppose to. I know the writing is on the wall, with higher mpg requirements, rising gas prices, and the push to be green, these days of the Camaro, Mustang, and Challenger will likely be short lived. Or perhaps worse yet, the second coming of the 1970's, when horsepower levels drop to down right pathetic, and mpg becomes the most important aspect...with styling even getting tossed out the window. We were so close too! Enjoy these few days while they last, as I feel the industry is once again about to be changed drastically.

No comments: