Friday, April 04, 2008

Got Torque?

I posted this video once before, perhaps a few years ago now. It remains one of my favorite youtube videos I've seen. Perhaps it's because all the cars featured are balls-to-the-wall, lay-the-pedal-down, show-us-what-ya-got. Of all cars featured though, the first two especially make me smile. The Camaro, because it sounds like mine did when it was on the road, accelerating in much the same manner. The second car, I believe a Mercury Cougar, because even though he looses it coming into the curve a bit too hot and heavy, he never takes his foot off the throttle. In fact, the driver instead uses a technique of feathering the throttle, using the still smoking tires and power to slide the car back into the desired direction. Lastly, who can argue with Montley Crue "Kick Start My Heart" as the accompanying music?

No comments: