Friday, September 29, 2006

Motor City gets a tune up as IRL and Le Mans come in 2007

After a 5 year absence, Grand Prix racing will return to Belle Isle.

Detroit Grand Prix coming back to Belle Isle

While not a big fan (or really a fan of any sort) of open wheel racing, I am way more excited to hear that the American Le Mans series will be joining the fray as well. While I don't follow this series either, it is much more up my alley, as at least they still look like cars and not jets with wheels on them. That being said, watching just about ANY motorsport live is great entertainment. I am looking forward to next year when myself and my gearhead friends catch some much overdue racing return to Detroit.

1 comment:

Joe said...

This is great news! I miss heading to the races on Belle Isle. That is the only thing going on there anyway.