Saturday, March 25, 2006

Rediscovering the drive


Today marked the first day I have worked on my Camaro in my own garage with it in it's most complete state. It is now already to a level that I have furnished better than the garage down at my parent's place. Spending most of the day out there I found that I am rediscovering that drive that I haven't felt in a very long time. That drive that used to take me down to my parents most weekends in order to work on my cars. I think most of it had to do with having a comfortable work environment, as well as the convenience of having my own garage, not driving 1.5 hours like I was before.

Today I removed the remaining compenents from my brake system, including my line lock. I placed all the parts in the trunk for now, though they will likely get tossed in with the other parts I hang on to, though will likely NEVER use ever again.

Here are a few detailed shots, just to give you an idea of what the roll cage I had installed consists of. It is either a 10 or 12 point cage, depending on who you talk to. I've seen kits sold that also are sold as either or, so I'm not sure if it is technically a 12 point or not. Anyways, here are a few pictures. I should be updating this blog more often now, as I will likely be working on the car much more regularly.


Trunk


Rear window

Interior

Loop

Door opening

Dash cross bar

Engine bay

No comments: