Monday, December 30, 2013

1968 Pontiac Firebird update: 12/30/2013


While we didn't actually wrench on the car today, I thought I'd post a few more pictures for the year's end.  Today, we played musical cars in the shop and got the Firebird ready to move in and out of the shop, to free up some space for Scott.  After moving the cars around, we headed to Production Supply Tool, where Scott ordered up a second air compressor, and one kickass blast cabinet which will come in handy when we start cleaning parts.

We discussed a few more ideas regarding how to tackle this car, and Scott is slowly convincing me to be more and more "race" when it comes to the car.  I'm still clinging to keeping the car at least streetable, and it's something I continue to not budge on.  That said, I think we will be going all lexan, except for perhaps the rear window.  Why keep the rear?  I figure a little more weight over the rear tires can't hurt, and it'll save a little money in the process. I've also all but talked myself into pretty much all fiberglass from the firewall forward...reluctantly, even the chrome bumpers.  I still want to at least paint them simulated chrome or aluminum, to break up the car color some.






Below is a '51 Chevy Scott picked up about a year ago.  He sprayed it army green, then added ghost flames on one side, with plans to carry them over to the other side soon.  It's a dirt cheap car that is without a doubt cool!

No comments: