Friday, July 15, 2011

At least it wasn't my lead foot

Last weekend my partner and I came in contact with a guy who decided he didn't want to go to jail. In the end, he went, but not without a fight. Both he, along with my partner and I, sustained injuries. My injury was initially diagnosed as a fractured left foot. Thankfully, it appears that it isn't actually fractured, according to the radiologist, and looks to be a sprain. So here I am, off work, sporting one of those big snow boot style foot boots/braces.

At least the brace allows me to be more mobile, as it allows me to be without crutches. Sadly, the pain meds which allow me to be much more comfortable, also prevent me from driving/operating heavy machinery....hence, I can't exacly hop in the Camaro and go to a show. In addition, even though the injury is to my left foot, I have to "two-foot-it" in the Camaro, as even though it was a streetable build, it can occasionally be a little finicky at stop lights, so the two feet have become my standard modus operandi.

Considering the foot isn't broke, that should hopefully at least shorten my heal time/time off of work. So hopefully this will only be a temporary setback in what I hoped to be a fun filled summer with plenty of cruise nights and shows. I had hoped to attend the Telegraph cruise next weekend, even if just for a half day if I were back to work, but we'll see how this injury pans out, and whether or not I'm up for it. In the mean time, enjoy the summer, burn some rubber, and stay tuned for continued cruise coverage in the future.

No comments: